The agricultural village of Old Bewick, lying on the northern bank of the River Breamish and located about 3 miles northwest of Eglingham, is notable for its Bronze Age cairn, Iron Age hillfort, and rock art (petroglyphs) exhibiting the characteristic cup and ring marks. Nearby is Blawearie Cairn, which was excavated in 1866, and in the 1980s, to uncover Bronze Age burial remains.
To the north of the village, along a long narrow lane, lies one of the secret jewels of Northumberland - Holy Trinity Church dating from the 12th Century. This small church which has hints of Anglo-Saxon about its structure features a perfect example of a Norman apse. The churchyard contains some noteworthy headstones and is a haven of tranquility.