Wooler & District Camera Club
Competition Entry Rules
1. PRINTS may be produced using either conventional or digital means.
2. A print should be produced as either a colour (polychrome) or monochrome.
FIAP Definition of Monochrome
- A black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey.
- A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour remains a monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category.
- On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category.
- Digitally produced images will be projected using the digital projector.
- A light box will be used to display prints when appropriate.
3. Prints entered for competition must be submitted on a mount. The maximum print size (including mount) is 20 inches by 16 inches, with the longest side being not less than 10 inches.
4. Each print must have a title written on the back of the mount and a mark to indicating the top edge. There should be no other identifying marks on the print.
5. Digital Images must be submitted as JPEG images not exceeding 1400 wide x 1050 high – File size not exceeding 900KB
6. All entries for club competitions must be handed to the competition secretary at least two weeks before the date of the competition.
7. Photographic images entered in a club competition will be projected / displayed using the following rule of thumb:
8. Any print or digital image that has been previously entered into any club competition cannot be used in any subsequent club competition. This rule only applies to competitions held by Wooler and District Camera Club and does not preclude the entry being used in any other competition held by other clubs/organisations.
9. All cups and trophies are presented at the club AGM but certificates are presented on the next available club meeting.
10. Holders of cups and trophies must return them in good, clean condition and in sufficient time for them to be re-presented at the club AGM.
Competition Rules Revised April 2014
(To be reviewed in 12 months time)