There's some funding available for initiatives in Glendale to help new groups get started. For groups of three of more people of any age, with a common interest, this fund can assist you with your start up costs. So if you want to keep active, make new friends, support mental and physical good health while increasing the sense of community please apply!
Examples of new groups could be:
- a sub-group of an existing activity e.g. German discussion group following on from an existing German evening class
- group linked by activity or hobby- e.g. fly fishing, knitting, jewllery making, house renovation, gardening, cooking
- medical issues- carers, living with Lupus, artritis, self- help, weight loss support group
- age or family circumstances- parents of young children, recently bereaved
- interests- Italian conversation, chess, family/ local history
- sport- young golfers, kite surfing, badminton
- visting areas to see what's happening there
A one- off grant of usually upto £100 is available to use towards start up costs, room hire, publicity, printing, refreshments, phone calls. stationary materials, travel, or any other appropriate expenses.
If you'd like to find out more, please download and complete the aplication form below and send to Rachel Sinton at Glendale Gateway Trust, Cheviot Centre, 12 Padgepool Place, Wooler, NE71 6BL. Please include details of your name, email address, telephone number and contact address.