This project will enable elderly residents to take part in a broader range of social and educational courses and activities and at the same time introduce them to new ways of using information technology to provide alternative solutions to problems, for example listening to talks.
Residents will have access to more adult education and lifelong learning than previously available, (or which has been removed due to cuts in Adult Education funding). They will be able to learn in their local area, rather than travel to the nearest town, e.g. Berwick upon Tweed- 34 round trip from Wooler. Increased accessibility will sustain adult education courses by enabling a higher number of candidates to participate.
Read on to view our programme of learning...
Discussion Group- a series of debates using online content in the remote learning hub suite
- Tuesday 31st January, 2.30-4pm-Topic for the January discussion group is ‘Politics and economics- Channelling the 1930’s Again'?
- Attendees will view online content for and against the argument, discussion will follow
*Further discussions planned for February and April. Details to follow
Smartphone & tablet photography
- 12th, 19th January & 2nd February, 12 noon
- 12th, 19th January & 2nd February, 2.30-4.30pm
Digital Marketing - Social Media (for beginners)
- 14th January, 10.15-2.15
eBay Selling- Taster Session
- 25th January, 6-7.30pm * tutor will be based at another learning centre
Psychology- Taster Session * tutor will be based at another learning centre
- 1st February, 6-7.30pm
or visit www.northumberland.ac.uk