Wooler and Glendale

Gateway to the Cheviot Hills

Wooler and District Camera Club

1  

In the winter of 1959 seven local men met in the 'back room' of the Angel Inn in Wooler and decided the town needed a camera club. An independent meeting room was required and Father Willis, one of the seven, offered the basement of the presbytery. Here the club remained until 1971 when it moved to the community centre hall. Later it moved to its present base in the Glendale Hall in Cheviot Street.

Membership peaked in the early nineties to about seventy and is now in the upper thirties. However, if the monthly competitions are anything to go by we still have a lot of very active photographers! Venues for their photography extend around the World.

We are involved in recording community events such as the annual Glendale Festival and the Glendale Agricultural Show.

Meetings are held fortnightly on Thursdays at 7.30pm.

If you are interested in photography, why not come along? Visitors and new members are always welcome!

Attachments

  • File Description
    File Size
    File Type
  • Camera Club Constitution 21.09[4].pdf
    Wooler Camera Club Constitution
    61 KB