Wooler and Glendale

Gateway to the Cheviot Hills

Local Information

Lady Waterford Hall

a striking building, served as the village school until 1957, and is now the Village Hall. Recognised as one of the most interesting and gifted artists of the Victoria era, Lady Waterford spent the years between 1862 and 1883 decorating the walls with life size paintings. They depict children from the school, and people who lived in and around Ford, as characters from well-known biblical scenes.